Communications Coordinator- IPRA
Responsible for coordinating day-to-day projects for IPRA, IFYR, and Miss Rodeo USA website, social media sites, and other digital platforms. Also responsible for designing, loading web content, and providing editorial coverage for IPRARodeo.com. The position will also assist with duties that pertain to all media relations functions for the IPRA.
Reports To: Director of Communications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and adapts digital assets to promote IPRA athletes, events, and products.
- Works with all IPRA departments and stakeholders to create, copy-edit, and post content for official websites and social accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Provides regular remote coverage and occasionally on-site coverage of IPRA events using social media tools and platforms, including digital and Adobe Products.
- Generates custom social media analytics reports using social media platforms’ native insights and analytics tools while tracking content for trends and best practices.
- Maintains social media calendar and posting schedule to maximize the impact of posts.
- Support IPRA athletes’ social media activity, working with platforms to verify accounts and proactively providing content to athletes to promote events.
- Monitors and tracks editorial coverage.
- Other related tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
• Proficient in Content Management Systems, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other related computer skills required.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail required.
• Strong knowledge of rodeo is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills emphasizing sports writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support high-level executive positions.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed, and demonstrate initiative.
• Ability to take direction without follow-up.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others you have no direct authority over.
• Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.